Son of Rev. W Robinson, vicar of East Haddon, and husband of Louisa Sophia Robinson,
of 319, Woodstock Rd., Oxford.
A graduate from the Royal Military College, Sandhurst, he was gazetted 2nd Lieutenant
in the Northamptonshire Regiment in 1903. He was an excellent shot for which he won
many trophies, and was also a successful member of his Regiment’s atletic team.
As a Captain in the 2nd Battalion of his Regiment, he went to France and Flanders
in November 1914.
He died on 12 March 1915, aged 31, at the battle of Neuve Chapelle. His grave is
at the Canadian Cemetery No 2 in Neuville-St.-Vaast, in the Pas de Calais region
6 km north of Arras.
He is also commemorated on a brass plate on the south wall of East Haddon church.
He left behind his widow, and twins Anthony and Diana, born 6th March1915, just 6
days before he was killed.