A view from a position East of the Red Lion, looking up towards the church.
On the left is Fry’s Farm. Outside this is what appears to be a telegraph pole, with
a 2nd pole further up the road. Behind the 2nd pole is a terrace of cottages, end-on
to the road. This is probably the terrace which was demolished in 1901, and replaced
by the present Butlers and Egerton Cottages.
On the right is the cottage where Hilda Adams lived until about 2000