A photograph showing the milk delivery. Note the unmade road and pavements.
The “milkman” is probably a lady, as closer examination suggests a “cloche” hat -
popular with ladies in the 1920’s. The Red Lion pub, seen on the right, is the building
we see today, and was built in 1908. The adjacent thatched cottage is still there.
On the left, siting well back, can be seen the twin gable roofs of Egerton Cottage
and Butlers Cottage, still both there also.