A postcard showing Church Lane, sent by (apparently) a visitor to an address in Denham,
The building on the right is Hawk House.
The stamp is franked “East Haddon”.
The George V halfpenny stamp on the postcard was first issued in 1912, and the postal
rate for postcards increased to 1d in 1918, so this gives us a range of dates for
the posting of the card; the date stamp reads "16" for 1916.
However, the date of the photograph may be earlier.The road is unmade. The 2 ladies
in the distance are wearing full length skirts, and the child on the RH side has
a “smock” type over cover - all perhaps suggesting late Victorian or early Edwardian